Information We Collect
TCEG collects information about visitors through our Contact Us form, through personal correspondence, and through our site logs, which record:
- What pages have been viewed
- What IP (Internet Protocol) address each page was sent to (view your ip address)
- The time and date that the page was retrieved
- The web browser that fetched the page
- Who referred the reader to the page
How We Use Information
We use the information that you provide to us through the Contact Us page and other forms of correspondence in the following ways:
- We may contact you with more information about TCEG;
- We may respond to your specific inquiries;
- We may improve our services, service offerings, and marketing materials.
Our web server logs are used in the following ways:
- We improve the marketing materials we provide online by ensuring that broken links are promptly fixed and that searches that reach our site lead to informative pages;
- We assign rewards (monetary compensation) to affiliate marketing firms for referring paying visitors to our site;
- In case of fraudulent or malicious activity, we may provide log details to law enforcement authorities so that perpetrators can be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Our website may ask your web browser to store a cookie. Cookies are typically used by websites to either track visitors or maintain server-side variables relating to visits (for instance maintaining logged-on status in sites that require you to log in). If our site requests that you store a cookie, it is for the latter purpose of maintaining server-side variables related to your temporary session. The purpose of maintaining these variables is to improve your browsing experience. For example, our programs might remember your favorite font size, and apply this preference to each page that you visit.
What we do not do
- We do not sell or share lists of email addresses to other companies;
- We do not release your information to third parties without your expressed permission.
Legal Risks and Expectations of Privacy
TCEG will make every reasonable effort to shield your private, confidential, and secret and proprietary information from unreasonable search and seizure.
This policy is part of an ongoing commitment to improve our business practices by following recommendations from reputable associations such as the Better Business Bureau of Mainland British Columbia, and the Independent Computer Consultants Association. Read more about TCEG's Business Ethics and Practices.
As a Canadian firm, we also publish this policy in order to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
If you have comments or concerns about this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us by any of the methods on our contact page. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.